The Fork Church was built in 1735 and is in Doswell, Virginia USA. It's called Fork because it lies between the fork of two rivers. In the cemetery there are numerous historical grave sites. Of many from the 1700's buried there, is the wife of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Gov.Thomas Nelson.
It is a beautiful and well kept church and is and has always been an Episcopalian Church. For a brief time in the 1860's, it was used as a Civil War hospital.
It is very interesting to read the gravestones and learn a little history from them.
- Copyright: Susu Seven (Susus7) (100)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-01-05
- Categories: Architecture
- Exposure: f/9.5, 1/350 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): American Historical and Cultural [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-05 16:28