This is one of the two colonnades on the Mount Vernon estate. This colonnade connects the main house to the cookhouse. The colonnades were added to the mansion around 1778.
Mount Vernon was the plantation home of the first President of the United States, George Washington. The mansion is built of wood in neoclassical Georgian architectural style, and the estate is located on the banks of the Potomac River
Nobody has marked this note useful