Picturesque Church found outside San Antonio in Texas.
Some history taken from (http://www.nps.gov/saan/):
The legacy and history of San Antonio and this region began with a simple ceremony when in 1718 Franciscans and Spanish representatives established the first mission. Within 13 years, five were located along the San Antonio River. The missions’ purpose? To acculturate and Christianize the native population and make them Spanish citizens.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: cyril spiteri staines (staines03) (102)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-00-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon PowerShot A70
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Spanish / Mexican Missions [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-05-18 6:06