The Sunshine Skyway Bridge, spanning Florida's Tampa Bay, is the world's longest bridge with a cable-stayed main span, with a length of 29,040 feet (exactly 5.5 miles or approximately 8.85 km).
Also called Suicide Skyway (sometimes used by locals due to its reputation of bridge jumpers).
Because of its height above the emerald-green Gulf waters, length of continuous travel, location in a warm-weather state, and modern architectural design, it is a popular spot for filming automobile commercials.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Paer Hansson (par) (72)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-12-28
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon 350d, Canon 18 - 200 IS
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/125 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-01-19 0:44