Flagler College, is a private four-year liberal arts college in St. Augustine, Florida, USA and celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2008.
The school is located on 19 acres (77,000 m2), the centerpiece of which is the Ponce de Leon Hall, built in 1888 as a luxury hotel. The architects were John Carrere and Thomas Hastings, working for Henry Morrison Flagler, the industrialist, oil magnate and railroad pioneer. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Since its founding in 1968, the college has spent more than $43 million restoring the historic campus and adding new buildings.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Shir Goldberg (shirgold) (2479)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-09-04
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D3100, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-02-26 21:27