February is usually a great month for viewing and photographing birds at J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge but today was extraordinary. The tide was very low and there were literally thousands of birds of all species there today.
This snowy egret perched himself in some mangrove and was keeping an eye on the pond below, ready to swoop down to get something good to eat.
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4792)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-02-25
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon EF 400MM F2.8 L, Compact Flash 8 GB
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/800 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-25 19:37