Little Estero Critical Wildlife Area on Fort Myers Beach is one of my favorite places to photograph wildlife. This bird is a ruddy turnstone, photographed from ground level using a 400mm f2.8 Canon EF lens on a sawed-off old monopod. The birds are much less afraid when people are not towering over them so my advice is to go down to their level. You'll like the results.
Critiques | Translate
jhm (137518) 2014-02-21 3:29
Birds are always a very nice subject.
Also these picture is nice photographed with the details on the beak.
Excellent captured, nice presentation.
Very well done, TFS.
Have a nice day,
kasianowak (5850) 2014-02-21 13:52
Beautiful portrait! Perfect timing and POV - I really like the out of focus foreground.
Have a nice weekend!
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4792)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-05-04
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon EF 400MM F2.8 L, Compact Flash 8 GB
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/3000 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Kasia's Favourites 4 [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-20 18:42