The guide on our one-day safari in the Everglades National Park in Florida told us that these grasshoppers, which at this point had just broke out of the ground getting ready to dissipate, taste really bad. The only time most predators can stomach them is for a short while after this point.
Critiques | Translate
adam (860) 2004-04-05 2:04
This is a case of the thumbnail not doing proper justice to the actual image. I never saw grasshoppers with such vivid colors like that before! The contrast between their orange/black color and the green leaves is powerful, and I like the crispness of the the part you focused on as well. Nice one!
- Copyright: Martin Bailey (Bayleaf) (1478)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-03-20
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, 100-400 4.5-5.6L Ø77, JPEG ISO 100
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/500 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): The Sunshine State-the real Florida [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-04-03 21:48