The Federal Triangle area is comprised of ten federal office buildings, all part of the Pennsylvania Avenue national Historic Site. Seven of them were built in the 1930s, and are now considered historic. The project was an ambitious one from its inception. A $50 million proposal to construct the massive site was approved in 1926, which included the new buildings and a major extension of currently existing structures. The project was to include a national archives building, a new Internal Revenue building, a Department of Commerce building, and Department of Agriculture projects. The purchase of private land expanded the undertaking even further. Work began in 1927, and the complex was completed in 1947. Many alterations and additions have taken place since, however. The Federal Triangle station is just below the site where the photo was taken.
Nobody has marked this note useful