A beautiful brick building just down the road from the White House. This is the exterior of the Renwick Gallery, whose exterior is described as French Empire style. It's a part of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, constructed by James Renwick, Jr. in 1858. It originally housed a collection of William Wilson Corcoran until it was relocated to the current Corcoran Gallery in 1897. This structure was later acquired by the Smithsonian and was furbished, opening in 1972. It's devoted to 20th-c. American arts.
Nobody has marked this note useful