The Pennsylvania state capitol building is arguably one of the most beautiful capitol buildings in the United States. Built in 1906, it stands 272 feet high and contains the House of Representatives and the State Senate, along with the offices of both the governor and lieutenant governor. The Supreme Court's Harrisburg Chamber is also located in the building.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
batalay (37851) 2013-10-15 19:05
I see we are neighbors this evening. I like the symmetric perspective you've chosen for this photo of the Capitol Building in Harrisburg. The center of the circular cobble stone arrangement in the foreground creates a counterpoint to the beautiful Neo-Classical edifice in the background. The sky is particularly dramatic.
siudzi (34141) 2013-10-16 11:50
Very classy and elegant shot of this interesting scene. Like the symmetry of the composition and the geometry impact of the foreground. Very well seen and taken. TFS.
ACL1978 (7511) 2014-02-21 7:58
Very nice look at the PA Capitol, one of my favorites. Thanks! I've added this to the US State Houses theme.
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4794)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-07
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon 17-40mm F4 L USM, Compact Flash 4 GB, Circular polarising filter
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): US State Houses - Northeast [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-15 18:58