The observation deck atop the skyscraper, dubbed "Top of the Rock", reopened to the public on November 1, 2005, after undergoing a $75 million renovation. It had been closed since 1986 to accommodate the renovation of the Rainbow Room. The deck, which is built to resemble the deck of an ocean liner, offers sightseers a bird's eye view of the city, competing with the 86th floor observatory of the Empire State Building.
It is often considered the best panoramic city view, if only because it offers a view of the aforementioned Empire State Building, which cannot be seen from its own observation deck.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Gustavo (bona) (10132)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-01
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: New York City
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-07 6:00