This was taken during a midnight storm. It hadn't started raining yet when I took this shot. There was a lot of cloud to cloud lightning which is what is lighting up the sky here.
I didn't use a tripod but the camera was braced on a window edge.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
jurgen (2074) 2004-07-08 0:08
Was it completely dark before the lightnings begun? Very nice purple sky, with a lot of texture. The garden lamp radiates a nice pattern on the grass. I like that it's possible to see the electric transmission towers against the sky.
nalo (356) 2004-07-08 3:04
Just a great shot! The light pattern is very special! Good idea.
digi-mom (1064) 2004-07-08 9:01
Lightning in the clouds is always a neat thing to see, and it's cool how you captured it here. Almost as if you've got a natural versus manmade lighting effect comparison photo... and the lightning lit up the clouds better than the electric lights lit the house. :o)
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-07-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Sony DSC-W1, ISO 400
- Exposure: f/5.6, 5 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Lightning / Atmospheric Phenomena, Maisons typiques / Typical houses, Photos from your house [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-07-07 23:52