Chicago 'L', one of the station.
The CTA 'L', short for "elevated", is the rapid transit system serving the city of Chicago and some of its surrounding suburbs, in the U.S. state of Illinois. It is operated by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). It is the second largest rapid transit system in total track mileage in the United States, after the New York City Subway, and is the third busiest rail mass transit system in the United States, after the New York City Subway and the Washington Metro.
The first 'L', the Chicago and South Side Rapid Transit Railroad, began revenue service on June 6, 1892, when a small steam locomotive pulling four wooden coaches.
- Copyright: Dmitriy Shoshin (Dmytro) (168)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2013-07-20
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation, Architecture, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S90
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/160 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-08-23 10:21