Photos

Photographer's Note

Hello friends today I offer these interesting facades of the beautiful town hall square in the charming town of Sanlucar de Barrameda, I hope you like it.

Sanlucar de Barrameda is a Spanish town and municipality located in the province of Cádiz in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Located on the left bank of the Guadalquivir River estuary, opposite the Donana National Park.

The term of Sanlucar has been inhabited since prehistoric times and antiquity, belonging to Tartessos at Turdetania, the Andalusian Andalusia and several territories. In the Middle Ages, after the Reconquest, the town of Sanlucar became part of the kingdom of Seville and was granted dominion in 1297 to Alonso Perez de Guzman, "Guzman el Bueno," founding a powerful noble lineage that later became known as a house of Medina Sidonia.

For its strategic location, it became important Sanlúcar exploration, colonization and evangelization of America between the XV and XVII. However, the downfall of the House of Medina Sidonia in 1641, the general decline of Spain under Charles II, the transfer of the House of Cadiz in 1711 and the Lisbon earthquake in 1755 affected her and Sanlucar lost much of its strategic value.

In 1833 he joined the newly created province of Cadiz. In the nineteenth century the economy of the city was converted to viticulture and tourism summer, on a background of deprivation and social inequality. Anarchist widely established during the Second Spanish Republic was from the beginning of the Civil War in the hands of the rebels, without suffering significant damage.

In 1973 he was declared a historic-artistic. Since the restoration of democracy Sanlucar has been ruled by political parties across the political spectrum.

Currently Sanlucar is famous for its cuisine, especially chamomile and prawns, for his music, including flamenco, and summer tourism, especially horse racing on the beach, declared of International Tourist Interest. Less known but of great importance to historians, the archives of the House of Medina Sidonia, located in the palace of the same name.

Sanlucar has about 6 km of beaches, framed in the so-called Costa de la Luz. The main ones are the following:

Bonanza Beach: located at the mouth of the Guadalquivir River, next to the salt flats and marshes of the Doñana natural area. It has a length of 1,200 meters and an average width of 40. No promenade, calm waters and is easily accessible on foot and by car.

Bajo de Guía beach: it has a length of 800 m and an average width of 50. It has fine sand, is suitable for sailing and other wind related sports. It is urban, waterfront, has rescue equipment, is easily accessible and has disabled access. It located the dock of the vessel Real Fernando, who made trips up and docked Guadalquivir in Doñana. Along with this dock is located the Royal Yacht Club, which has access to dock and boats.

Beach Causeway or the Pools: is urban and has a promenade. Its length is 2,300 m, with an average width of 60. It offers monitoring services. It is held every summer horse racing, so it is also known as the Hippodrome in Sanlucar. In the limit of the Bajo de Guía beach, near the sports complex and Nautical Activities Club Length, is authorized access for boats. Also on the beach of the many small boats anchored Sinks used for fishing and recreation and is based Fishing Club La Balsa.

Playa de la Jara has a length of 1,550 m and an average width of 40. Is semi-urban, not waterfront. Has monitoring services. Is protected by clay cliffs of the Holy Spirit and artificial dunes and seawalls. Moreover it preserves the pen of Merlin, one of the three fishing pens have reached the town.

Source Wikipedia.
For more historical information see the same source.

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D3100
Software: PhotoScape
Exposure Time: 10/16000 sec
F-Stop: f/6.3
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Focal Length: 18 mm
Date Taken: 2011-09-21 15:13
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
File Size: 276 kb

Photo Information
Viewed: 1325
Points: 72
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by angel cornejo (cornejo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 2445 W: 0 N: 5671] (30067)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH