Monchique is renowned as the 'Garden of the Algarve', and a quick look around it reveals why. It is a lush area, where it must be easy to grow just about anything!
But, like many other places in Algarve, it has changed over the years, in order to survive.
It nestles between two peaks, Foia and Picota, the former being the highest point in the Algarve and the place i've taken this photo, at 902 metres above sea level.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Sergio Leitao (sergio_leitao7) (1325)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-02-15
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 1D Mark III, canon 70-200 f/4.0, 4 GB Sandisk Ext III
- Exposure: f/16, 1/13 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-02-21 8:48
- Favorites: 1 [view]