Shey Palace complex are structures located on a hillock in Shey,15 kilometres (9.3 mi) to the south of Leh in Ladakh, northern India on the Leh-Manali road. Shey was the summer capital of Ladakh in the past. The Shey Monastery was also built in 1655 on the instructions of Deldon Namgyal, in the memory of his late father, Singay Namgyal, within the palace complex.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
jadesgran (5357) 2011-06-24 12:53
I like the position of the buildings on the right, which are very sharp.Good inclusion of the mountains .
best wishes Gladys
fisher (1751) 2011-06-24 15:01
It looks so remote,thanks for sharing.
sujata_p (2) 2013-10-31 7:00
- Copyright: vikram guria (vikramguria) (6)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-06-03
- Categories: Castles, Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Nikon N75, Sigma 70-200mm F4-5.6 APO Macro, fuji 200, ULTRA VIOLET FILTER 58mm
- Exposure: f/10.6, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-06-24 12:08