After the two flights the day before and a journey of approx. 4 hours by bus, it was a great feeling to arrive in Landmannalaugar!, Having such a fine weather in Landmannalaugar was a beautiful gift. The colors and contrasts were wonderful. When I came back three days later, it was stormy, with a strong wind and beating rain. Difficult to go outside! Then I could appreciate moreover these beautiful days!
On the flank of Brennisteinsalda, view over the lavafield of Laugarhraun. The camp of Landmannalaugar lies in the middle of the picture in the shadow, just at the foor of the lava field.
Part of the Theme on my trip in Iceland in August 2009.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Samuel Chappuis (Sam_CH) (3366)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-08-02
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Pentax K20 D, Pentax 18-250 3.5-6.3, 4 GB Sandisk Ext III
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): ICELAND AUGUST 2009 [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-12-31 5:26