Surrounding the Tomb of Abakh Hoja outisde of Kashgar, Xinjiang are large graveyards or 'tomb' yards still in use today.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
selizabeth (168) 2010-12-08 3:56
This is wonderful!!
SnapRJW (31629) 2010-12-08 6:36
Hi Andrew - This is an amazingly different shot and it's fabulous! Apart from being interesting culturally speaking, it's very well composed. I love the fact that you have the men and boy walking along the bottom of the frame giving the rest up to the repetative patterns of the tombs. This goes into my favorites! TFS Rosemary
annjackman (21813) 2010-12-08 13:52
Well done for seeing and capturing this. The repeating patterns going into the distance is lovely, which together with the line of men in the foreground makes an unusual and clever composition.
leo61 (0) 2010-12-10 10:14
I have seen single tombs like this in Turkey,but never such an amount at one place.
Excellent composition with this row of men in front of them.Good depth,too.
patdeph (35748) 2013-06-27 9:40
what a wonderful picture! I love the architecture that we can guess in the backgrounds, with its magnificent soft colors. And I love the line of men with their typical hats standing out on the foreground.Very, very well seen! I add it in my them.Thank you very much.
- Copyright: Andrew Foerster (andrewf) (197)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-11-21
- Categories: Daily Life, Ceremony, Ruins
- Camera: Nikon D7000, AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR DX, UV Filter
- Exposure: f/18.0, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Xinjiang - Kashgar, Karakoram Hwy
- Theme(s): mon hommage à l'Asie 2, Kasia's Favourites 10 [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-12-08 3:11
- Favorites: 1 [view]