The Church of Golegă, also known as Church of Our Lady of Conception, is located in the town center Golegă. This church, dating from the sixteenth century, is one of the most iconic and best preserved examples of Manueline, special mention its magnificent portal. The church is a National Monument since 1910.
Golegă, is a village in the district of Santarem Ribatejo region, is situated in the valley traversed by the River Tagus and Almonda, an area blessed by nature.
But speaking of Golegă is talking about horses and the great National Exhibition dedicated to them, with origins dating back to the sixteenth century.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1217)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-10-17
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: fujifilm finepix S8000fd, Fujinon 18X F2,8 - F4,5
- Exposure: f/8, 1/340 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-11-04 2:10