I know, never show anyone your pictures of sunsets. What's next, the kids in the pool, dog fetching.
I just liked this one, the big yellow orb shining its last rays of the day through the very hazy sky from a nearby forest fire.
These poor trees, if the 11,000 ft elevation didn't get them, or a fire, the pine beetles did.
I hope the layering of the mountain ranges show through.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
jpinkham (870) 2009-08-25 15:32
I'm surprised there's no comments, Dana. There's a wild, rugged beauty here. I like the seeming simplicity of the subject, the symmetry and pattern of the trees, the layers of hills in the background, and, of course, the soft, satisfying colors of the sunset. Well seen and shown.
TheMC20 (50) 2014-01-22 8:16
J'aime bien ce dégradé de couleurs et ce le soleil qui se cache.
- Copyright: Dana Rees (danarees) (2502)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-08-08
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature
- Camera: Nikon D200, Nikkor EDIF 18-70, Digital ISO 200, (none)
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-08-24 22:12