Photos

Photographer's Note

Reeves Field, also known as Reeves Stadium, is Geneva College's football stadium. It was named in honor of local banker John T. Reeves, whose heirs donated land for the complex. Reeves Field was constructed in 1925 and is one of the oldest sports venues in Pennsylvania. The stadium is home to the Geneva College Golden Tornadoes and hosts the local high school football team, the Beaver Falls Tigers. Notable football players who played at Reeves include Joe Namath and Cal Hubbard.

Between 2006-2008, Reeves Field was rebuilt in several stages. In 2006, a new scoreboard was placed on the embankment below Northwood Hall and the embankment was redone. By 2007, the grass was replaced by turf, and new stands were placed on the visitors' side of the field. Between December 2007 and September 2008, the largest phase of the project was underway to demolish the old brick wall along old Route 18. By early spring of 2008, the highway was realigned to allow more growth for the campus. A new wall with an iron fence was built to replace the old wall, and a new press box was constructed. The new wall covers more than half of what used to be old Route 18. New bleachers were also in place on the home side. Restoration work on the stadium was finally completed in October 2008.

This mirror at the exit of the stadium's parking lot is reflecting the new wall and the press box.


Reeves Sahası

Reeves Stadyumu olarak da bilinen Reeves Sahası, geneva (Cenevre) Koleji futbol stadyumudur. Adı varislerinin kompleks için arazi bağışladığı yerel bankacı John T. Reeves onuruna seçilmiştir. Reeves Sahası 1925 yılında inşa edilmiş ve Pennsylvania’nın en eski spor mekanlarından biridir. Stadyum Geneva Koleji Golden Tornadoes’un (Altın Kasırgalar) ev sahasıdır ve yerel lise futbol takımı, Beaver Falls Tigers’a (Kunduz Şelaleleri Kaplanları) ev sahipliği yapar. Reeves’de oynanan önemli futbolcular Joe Namath ve Cal Hubbard’ı içerir.

2006-2008 yılları arasında, Reeves Sahası çeşitli aşamalarla yeniden inşa edildi. 2006 yılında, Northwood Hall aşağısındaki sete yeni bir sayı tahtası yerleştirildi ve set yeniden yapıldı. 2007 yılına gelindiğinde, tabii çim yapay çimle değiştirildi ve alanın misafir takımın tarafında yeni standlar yerleştirildi. Aralık 2007 ve Eylül 2008 tarihleri ​​arasında, projenin en büyük aşaması olan eski Rt 18 boyunca eski tuğla duvarı yıkmaya devam edildi. 2008 ilkbaharında, karayolu kampüs için daha fazla büyüme sağlamak için yeniden düzenlendi. Bir demir çit ile yeni bir duvar ve yeni bir basın kutu inşa edilmidi. Yeni duvar, eski Rt 18in yarısından fazlasını kapsar. Ev sahibi tarafına yeni tribünler konuldu. Stadyum üzerinde restorasyon çalışmaları sonunda Ekim 2008'de tamamlanmıştır.

Stadyumun otopark çıkışında bu ayna yeni duvar ve basın kutusu yansıtıyor.

kato, ikeharel, Kofman, Kugart, madhumita_roy86, danos, ourania has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 548
Points: 28
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Murat Tanyel (mcmtanyel) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1439 W: 116 N: 2643] (10041)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH