One block north of the Church of Jesus, at the corner of Calles 60 and 57, sits this old colonial building whose construction commenced in 1701 CE. It is home to the Autonomous University of Yucatan (UADY), and built around a large patio surrounded by corridors and columns, originally the Seminary of St. Peter. It offers undergrad bachelor degrees (licenciatura) - 41 in number, and a further 26 master degrees (maestria) with an enrollment of 10,500 and 1,300 respectively. The structure houses the Rectory, General Secretariat, Cultural Centre, Council Room and General Library. This is the main entrance.
Nobody has marked this note useful