The City Hall is located on Calle 62 at the west end of Independence Square, and facing the Cathedral of San Ildefonso. It dates from 1735 CE and was constructed on the remains of one of the five hills that existed in ancient T'ho, the Mayan pyramid of Bakluum Chaam. Its tower has four faces complete with clock. Immediately below the clock to the east is noted the coat of arms granted to Mérida in 1618 by Philip III. Further down, and greater in size, is the coat of arms of Mexico.
Nobody has marked this note useful