Taken in Iles de la Madeleine Qc, a paradise for sunset particularly in the small town of Fatima at the far west end of the island.The island is in the St-Lauwrence Golf at 5hrs boat ferry ride from the P.E.I in New-Brunswick.A paradise of wind and sand.
Critiques | Translate
pedrocarmo (1295) 2007-04-04 18:38
Great sunset photo.
Extremely beutifull colours.
Tayon (1985) 2007-04-04 19:21
great shot with fantastic lights and colours, good DOF, POV and sharpness...
just the horizon could be horizontally corrected...
jplebrun (21208) 2007-04-04 20:15
Bonsoir Alain, quel belle prise, les couleurs ressortent bien, bien cadré.
gneufeld (15890) 2007-04-04 21:39
This is a great sunset image. Wonderful warm colors and I like the POV with large rock on the left and the setting sun and accompanying reflection right of center. I think the horizontal panorama presentation is excellent. Only problem is the horizon is listing to the left. Great work and thanks for sharing.
placombe (7901) 2007-04-06 16:26
Couleurs époustoufflantes et superbe silhouette du rocher aux formes humaines mais quel nez !!
mvdisco (17794) 2007-04-08 22:30
Superbe ton coucher de soleil, Quel belles couleurs!
excellente composition et un joli point de vue,
jcdurka1 (1950) 2007-04-10 5:35
Trés belle lumiére avec de belle ombres profondes. Le scénario est bien décentré. Un superbe resultat.
lcelvenes (0) 2007-09-11 2:43
Looking through your photos, this one really stands out. I'm a sucker for sunsets, and this one is fantastic :)
1) First of all the colors. I think they're perfect. The rock formation in the left foreground does a great job of both framing the sunset, as well as creating some interesting shadows and textures in the foreground.
2) Composition. With the shadows and textures created by the rock formation, and the line of the horizon, you've turned the image into a beautiful "three-piece" photo, each following the other from the sky to the foreground. Great job.
3) I like how you've captured the line from the sun, despite there being so much light there already. I think in creates a nice contrast to the horizontal lines that dominate the photo. Placing it just off centre is perfect. It's one of those photos where (for me) this effect really pays off.
4) The only (and only slightly) negative thing I see in this photo is a black dot just to the left of the top of the rock formation, but I had to look for this, and it may be just a piece of rock sticking up from the ocean, so it doesn't matter.
5) Good choice on the thick black frame. I think it puts even more emphasis on the golden colors in the photo.
Awesome job, Alain. Love it. TFS :)