Fort Steele is a quaint historical gold rush town located in British Columbia's east Kootenays. Originally called Galbraith's Ferry because of the ferry crossing established by John Galbraith, in 1864, to cross the Kootenay River.
Fort Steele has been largely restored to it's former glory and features live demonstrations of daily life as it occured during British Columbia's gold rush era.
This photo features a gold rush era horse (or Ox) driven Fire Wagon in the foreground and the town's wooden water tower in the background.
Nobody has marked this note useful