“Old Burin” is the name of this photo taken on an earlier trip to Burin. This shot was taken early in the morning using my Canon 100-400mm L lens which is not my usual scenery lens.
This photogenic scenery was taken from a slightly different perspective, the depth of field (DOF) is at little different with the primary focus on the flowers.
This photograph was processed in raw, Converted to JPEG and saved for the web.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
macjake (51262) 2009-08-23 15:27
Hi again Jim
I enjoy looking at this photo very much. The buildings in the background are still eye catching, but yet not intrusive.
daveRen (150) 2010-09-15 9:44
There is a relaxing quality here....nicely done!
I spent 3 years on the "rock" - I remember the daisies during the short summers.
The houses behind are nicely blurred giving them an almost painted quality and dark to bring out the flowers.
You did a good job with the Raw processing the colors and exposure is right on.
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-07-24
- Categories: Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Canon 40D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 77 mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Old Buildings of Newfoundland and Labrador [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-08-01 16:03
- Favorites: 1 [view]