“Shed and Reflection” is name of this photo taken in the early morning at Quidi Vidi Harbor. This is one of the few fishing sheds in the tiny harbor and photographed quite frequently.
While it looking for bald eagles, I noticed this in lovely scene and couldn’t help but photograph it. It appears, as literature states, it is better to photograph in the early morning or late evening.
Critiques | Translate
mikolaj_kawa (0) 2009-02-14 12:17
Hello Jim! Amazing mirror. Ideal contrast and perfect sharpness. Very interesting ruins. Good POV and capture. Good luck!
PiotrSk (828) 2009-02-14 12:35
Hi Jim, interesting place, well done the right frame atmosphere, mirroring the great water to the entire match - congratulate the work - greetings Piotrek
Hunkar (7236) 2009-02-14 13:32
claudio74 (7263) 2009-02-14 15:48
Very nice composition with good coloours and contrasts
A typical place well captured
ManuMay (36157) 2009-02-23 8:06
Good play of colours and reflections!!
I like it!
Have a nice day.
gunbud (34066) 2009-03-09 13:04
Beautiful tranquil shot.
Stunning reflection in the calm harbor.
Love your collection of rugged coastal images.
This one is a classic.
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-02-12
- Categories: Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Canon 40D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 77 mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Fishermen boat or harbor, Old Buildings of Newfoundland and Labrador [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-02-14 12:12