I believe this is the first picture of Wapta Falls on TrekEarth. Surprising. It's a lovely spot and an easy hike to get here. And you can't beat the view of the mountains behind the falls in the early evening light.
It was just me when I got to the trailhead. As I ate a brief dinner, another car drove up. Three young adults got out and got ready to hit the trail. They were clearly from Europe, as they weren't speaking English, but I wasn't initially able to make out what they were saying. I asked if I could tag along, and they were perfectly fine with that.
As we walked, I realized they were speaking Spanish. So, being a fluent Spanish speaker myself, I chimed in in Spanish. We spoke Spanish the next 1.5 miles. It was a very enjoyable exchange.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Clark Monson (cdmonson) (5230)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-08-01
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 6D, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, Digital ISO 100, Cokin 77mm Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/14.0, 1/1.25 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-18 21:30