I like watching the seaplanes in Vancouver Downtown, in the area called Coal Harbour. You have the skycrappers in your back, and the mountains and those colourful seaplanes in front of you.
This superb DHC-2 Beaver from Harbour Air has been built in 1949, and still continues to provide regular air service between Vancouver and other places from British Columbia like Nanaimo.
This shot has been taken at the end of the day. All the seaplanes were resting in Coal Harbour.
Can you imagine that this picture has been taken in the heart of the 3rd city of Canada ?
You can see more of these beautiful seaplanes at http://www.mablehome.com/aviation/aviation.htm
Critiques | Translate
Ebbe (9617) 2006-07-23 13:07
Nice warm even light in this and that lifts the plane and the windthing out of the bakdrop in a fine way. A bit of a tilt though.
Didi (59126) 2006-08-09 13:01
La mise au point sélective sur l'hydravion a permit de l'isoler par rapport à l'arrière-plan.
J'apprécie cette luminosité sur le sujet.
- Copyright: Michel Teiten (mike-tango) (163)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-06-27
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Canon 350D (Rebel XT)
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/200 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Aircrafts II, Seaplane, Seaplanes (Canada) [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-07-23 12:31