This unusual building is the headquarters and store of a company designing and selling unusual housewares, it was built in 2007. The translucent pink shade covering of the glass building is appropriate to a company whose name is Umbra (in Latin, "shade"). The company was started by a graphic designer 30 years ago, who could not buy a shade he liked for his window, so decided to make one.
The building was designed by Kohn Shnier architects, a Totonto firm with a reputation for inovative design.
Critiques | Translate
jhm (158016) 2014-04-06 2:47
Maybe unusual but as modern architecture very well managed.
The pink colours and structure are excellent constructed.
Also great quality and perfectly of colours.
A nice composition, excellent captured.
Very well done, TFS.
Have a nice Sunday,
- Copyright: Barnabas Bozoki (bbarna) (1173)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-03-09
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
- Exposure: f/4, 1/1000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Toronto Contemporary Architecture [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-04-03 16:49