Another lighting strike on the CN Tower during the August 23rd storm. The tower is roughly 1800 feet (550 m) high. This bolt was enormous and, judging from the height of the tower, must have stretched 10km into the sky.
Critiques | Translate
golden (2289) 2011-09-07 2:03
Impressive capture Darren!
Lightnings are so beautiful and scary at the same time..Well done!
delpeoples (52771) 2011-09-07 19:47
Right, you;ve inspired me to go out into a thunderstorm and take some photos, I've always been too afraid. This is a cracker - excuse the bad pun. The purple sky is amaziong and I love how you've given the sky so much of the frame. Looks like that big tower in the BG has taken one for the team big time.
Thanks for sharing, have a good one
- Copyright: Darren Slack (dslack) (69)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-08-24
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Exposure: f/16
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Lightning / Atmospheric Phenomena, the lightning and storm [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-09-06 16:42
- Favorites: 1 [view]