The power of Niagara Falls in winter. Taken during a cold, snowy day two days after Christmas 2001. Brrr. It's interesting to note that the water that cascades through the falls is just a small percentage of the river water. The flow is regulated upstream.
Just autolevels in photoshop.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
dawekato (2269) 2003-11-08 16:11
Good close-up of the water, Ken. It does look cold. You could try using a slower shutter speed to make the water look silkier, or faster to freeze the motion and show every drop. I find this shutter speed a bit "wishy-washy" if you'll pardon the pun.
dominique (11414) 2003-11-08 16:23
What I like it is the idea of framing, it is spectacular.
- Copyright: Ken Ilio (flip89) (3410)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2001-12-27
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Fujifilm FinePix 2800Z
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/8000 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Water falls [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-11-08 15:51