The Horseshoe Falls, also known as the Canadian Falls, is part of Niagara Falls, on the Niagara River. Approximately 90% of the Niagara River, after diversions for hydropower generation, flows over Horseshoe Falls. The remaining 10% flows over the American Falls. It is located between Terrapin Point on Goat Island in New York State, and Table Rock on the Ontario side of the falls. 99% of Horseshoe Falls is located in Ontario, Canada with the remainder in New York State, United States of America.
I took this picture from the observation platform. I should have cut the FG more to show more details of the Falls. I think TE members can help me with that.
Critiques | Translate
lousat (95982) 2014-03-29 16:06
Hi Anna,great capture of these beautiful waterfalls,magnificent wide view with a nice surround effect,perfect details and natural colors,just a bit overexposed the white of falls.Have a nice Sunday and thanks,Luciano
fabbs99 (17175) 2014-03-29 23:46
The horseshoe falls look exciting.Good lighting and sharpness.Keep sharing.TFS.
jacquest (19045) 2014-03-30 4:16
The distance to the falls gives deepness and the framing with the buildings is well done. The covered sky, while impairing the light, gives a kind of dramatic effect to the image.
photographer_sg (4414) 2014-03-30 6:20
the waterfall looks dramatic against the clouded sky and is also nicely framed to form a good focal point. The management of the exposure in the difficult light situation is excellent. Thanks for sharing and have a great evening.
holmertz (57483) 2014-03-30 9:29
This is a very good photo ot the falls and the strong current through the river. You did well to onclude so many of the highrise buildings along the water. They give us an idea of the surroundings and make us understand what a great view the guests at those hotels have.
pajaran (64478) 2014-03-31 5:53
Dobar tekst o mestu sa opisom, lep pogled ...
Dobar snimak, ostrina, kontrast i perspektiva, lepo pokazano mesto, lepe boje.
Dobra kompozicija, lepo uhvacen trenutak.
A good article on the place with a description, a nice view ...
Good shot, sharpness, contrast and perspective, nice place indicated, beautiful colors.
Good composition, well captured moment.
All the best.
Miguel82 (27658) 2014-04-02 18:35
This is a part of Niagara falls well presented Anna, a beautiful natural site to discover, good pov, to my eyes it should be better without the concrete barrier..
Silvio1953 (150405) 2014-04-07 12:10
Ciao Anna, great view of fantastic waterfalls, excellent clarity, wonderful colors and splendid light, very well done my friend, ciao Silvio
pierrefonds (69851) 2014-04-09 17:20
The distance between the parapet and the water fall is gibving depth to the composition. The point of view is showing the details and the colors of the Horseshoe Falls at Niagara. The cloudy sky is giving a good contrast to the colors. Have a nice day.
eldancer1 (36343) 2014-04-18 7:20
Every time I see pictures of the Niagara Falls I always regret that I never made it there when I was living in the New England area. It must awesome sight to see and hear the roar of the tremendous amount of water rushing down the falls, and the power! Nice capture with good details. Well done, tfs.
jmdias (67271) 2014-05-11 3:23
curious place where the buildings are so near of the falls. I knew the 2 other more importat falls (igassu and Victoria) this will be the last of the 3 most important to know.
while Iguassu and Victoria are surrounded by native trees Niagara was invaded by urban area.
nice details in the image.
danos (101882) 2014-06-12 23:00
nice the view of the Horseshoe falls that as i see is so close to the town from the observation platform.I'd like to visit the place to see and admire the whole beauty of the nature.
Thank you for your note about the weather in Montreal during August.
andycam (249) 2014-09-08 2:33
great image of the falls, good composition. One site I would like to visit.