Located Mississauga's Chinese Centre. It is made of glazed tiles from China, 27 m long and 5 m high, and was built here in 1987 as a replica of the one in Beihai Park in Beijing. There are only three existing ancient Nine Dragon Walls in China. They were built for Chinese Monarchs as a barrier in their gardens. Only the Emperors had nine dragons on walls. Ancient Chinese believed 9 to be the most prestigious number and the dragon to be the soul of all things of creation.
There is a closeup view of one of the dragons in the Workshop.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Barnabas Bozoki (bbarna) (1173)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-05-05
- Categories: Artwork
- Exposure: f/8, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Toronto Contemporary Architecture [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-11-18 15:46