“Where are the capelin?” is what I named this photograph. This fisherman, with his homemade net, is ready for the fish. It is unusual to have a second run of capelin run on the beaches in the same year.
This gentleman was by himself on the other hand of the beach and I couldn’t help but take this photograph. I think his colorful net caught my eye. I also like his boots.
He is carrying on an old Newfoundland tradition which young people are starting to follow.
This photograph was level adjusted and saved for the web.
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3365)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-08-02
- Categories: Event
- Camera: Canon 20D, Canon EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III USM, Hoya 58mm PL-CIR
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/250 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2005-08-08 19:34