“The Rooms” is the name of this photo taken from the Southside Road, across the harbor.
Soaring into the skyline of historic St. John's, The Rooms combines twenty-first century technology with a striking visual reference to our past. Its unique design mirrors the "fishing rooms" where families came together to process their catch. The Rooms today is also a place to gather: in them, you'll find collections, exhibits and programs that tell our stories and interpret our natural world through art, artifacts, archaeology, architecture and archival records.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-01-13
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon 40D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 77 mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Old Buildings of Newfoundland and Labrador [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-01-13 14:53