“Old Stages” is the name of this photo taken at the Lower Battery which is in St. John’s Harbor. This small fishing community has been built upon rock and is now the home of fishermen, businesses such as pottery stores, bed and breakfast owners, and wealthy individuals huge houses farther up the hill, which has a magnificent view of the city.
They shot was taken on a foggy, rain soaked day near the narrow entrance to the harbor.
The photograph was taken in raw, converted to JPEG, cropped, and saved for the web.
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-04-05
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon 40D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 77 mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Old Buildings of Newfoundland and Labrador [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-04-09 5:13