“All the Gear” is the name of this photo taken to this afternoon at scenic Quidi Vidi. During a trip to this scenic Village I was looking for bald eagles which were reported on the news killing seagulls. There were as many as eleven eagles spotted yesterday Morning at 7:00 AM.
Unfortunately I spotted two eagles at a great distance. However I am getting up early tomorrow and hopefully can get some closer bald eagle shots.
However back to the photograph at hand, with is a very clustered photo showing an abundance of fishing equipment lying about.
This fishing stage, built next to a rock in Quidi Vidi harbor, is a greatly photographed site.
This Fisher person is ready for fishing season and it looks like he or she are fishing lobsters by the number of pots.
Critiques | Translate
asajernigan (20073) 2009-02-11 18:16
I like your composition here showing the boat and building from an angle that creates depth and direction. The lighting and colors are great with nice sharpness and detail. I only wish you could have included the full boat and more of the building in the shot.
jplebrun (21208) 2009-02-11 19:13
magnifique scène portuaire où l'on voit ce bateau bien accosté au quai monté sur pilotis, j'aime beaucoup le montage sobre et bien coloré, bravo.
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-02-11
- Categories: Transportation, Architecture
- Camera: Canon 40D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 77 mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Fishermen boat or harbor, Old Buildings of Newfoundland and Labrador [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-02-11 13:17