“The Garnish Light” is the name of this photo taken in late September. This miniature light helps ships large and small along the coast.
A sailor told there are many hidden rocks and shoals hidden just below the surface and a constant eye on the detailed navigational charts is necessary to avoid being grounded.
It is one of the many lights along the rugged coast.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
h2nl (314) 2008-11-09 3:45
Nice quiet picture of this piece of coast.
Personaly i think the picture would gain even more strength if the wooden construction at the bottom is left out of the composition. It distracts the eye from the main subject, the lighthouse, and the surrounding landscape.
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-09-28
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon 40D, Sigma 24-70mm 1:2.8 EX DG
- Exposure: f/8, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): lighthouse [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-11-07 15:11