“Follow the Ball” is the name of this photo taken at an Irish hurling game yesterday in Bay Bulls. A group of 70 Irish visitors’s stayed on the Southern Shore, known as the Irish loop, to take part in the Festival of the Sea. A great many of the southern shore people originally came from Ireland. This game of Irish hurling was probably the first organized game in hundreds of years. The first organize hurling game was in 1788 in St. John’s.
These coed teams are a mixture of locals and Irish and as you can see they’re having a wonderful time.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Jim Costello (bullybeef53) (3363)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-09-26
- Categories: Festivals, Event
- Camera: Canon 40D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 77 mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Sports photographies, Action Sports in Newfoundland and Labrador [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-09-27 6:30