It's been snowing recently all over Turkey.
I was lucky to capture this "carpet"
before the pattern was spoiled
by later passers-by.
Normally foot-prints are not so visible on snow.
In Akçakoca district [ak-CHA-ko-dja]
asphalt is often hidden under a layer of clay
brought by trucks from the nearby construction sites.
The fresh layer of snow when stepped on
mixes with the dirt so that
the foot-prints contrast the snow.
There are foot-prints, tyre-prints
and a pavement border of a mixed texture.
I'd like to have this pattern on my T-Shirt.
Please, if anyone produces T-Shirts,
send me a dozen or two with this pattern ;)
* Here's another my shot of snow in Cappadocia which looks like salt;
* and a shot by Daria Dudko (shymelka) with snow from St. Petersburg;
* One more simple but a very nice pattern Winter is leaving ;) by Ekaterina Krasnikova (jaspe).
* Snow taken by Arthur Tuluche several hours earlier, but uploaded a year later. Really worth seeing!
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
swavek (127) 2008-02-27 15:24
hey Ilgiz, interesting idea for a photo, nice pattern made by human beings and machines as well. cool, cheers.
marietom (34607) 2008-03-04 1:50
Il y a de l'idée, mais il manque de la netteté et du contraste. Joli jeu de lignes et de formes.
Mazeo (211) 2008-04-19 3:22
A lovely carpet!
- Copyright: Ilgiz Galeev (ilghiz) (708)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-02-18
- Categories: Daily Life, Humorous, Nature
- Camera: Canon PowerShot A430
- Exposure: f/5.8, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-02-22 8:52