Ulu Cami (English: The Grand Mosque) külliye, enclosed within a high wall in the old town, stands to be the most interesting medieval structure of Adana, with the mosque, madrasah and türbe. It is located on Kızılay street, next to Ramazanoğlu Hall.
The construction of Ulu Cami started in 1513 by Ramazanoğlu Halil Bey. It was completed by his successor, his son, Piri Mehmet Paşa and opened to service in 1541.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: turgay emir yuksel (eyuksel) (706)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-11-04
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D 80, Nikkor AF 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5, B+W 62mm Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-11-04 8:31