About the mosque
The name of the mosque is Yeni Camii (yenNEE jumMEE) which means New Mosque. Its construction started in 1597 so the name doesn't match the age.
* Wikipedia: About the Yeni Camii, Yeni Camii hakkında;
* A 360-degree view from one of the towers.
* Camiinin bir kulesinden 360-derece görünüş.
* Lists of 360-degree photos of Yeni Camii: 6, 7, 8.
* Camii'nin 360-derece fotoğrafların listeleri: 6, 7, 8.
Reasons for posting:
Sometimes a glimpse, a part can tell about the whole much more than the whole itself. The point is to choose the right part: sometimes there's only one really good vantage point, but more often there are a lot. Here's the part that I liked best. Have a look at a glimpse of Yeni Mosque from inside.
PP (a disorderly summary):
* rotated using ACDSee's "define the horizontal/vertical line" (nothing of the kind in Photoshop);
* cropped (considerably here);
* blurred the sky to decrease the noise (selected it and smart-blurred; could have used Gaussain blur but it wouldn't work the way I wanted);
* played with colours a bit and sharpened the picture;
* added a frame.
More photos of Yeni Camii by various authors:
* Compare photos by Erhan1958, by deermen and by sadik1905;
* Compare amazon's and deermen's photos;
* A blue hour view from the Tower of Galata by Salvator;
* Another blue hour view by umutlu101;
* The New Mosque against the Beyazid Mosque by Aydin;
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
polpo56 (15136) 2008-04-27 7:38
a good shot, well composed.
Great sharpness and good contrast.
the_anarchist (62) 2009-07-05 12:36
A classic, yet very beautiful shot. great composition. you could have cropped just a little bit from the top so that there is a better symmetry between the sky and the building, and left a bit more room at the bottom, so that we see the windows in the bottom fully. It could be fun to see the picture upside down, as well, checking the negative space.