Five times a day a Muslim is bound to perform the Salaah, the fixed ritual of the Islamic prayer - worship. He should properly go to the nearest mosque to offer his prayers together with the whole congregation. Each of the five periods is preceded by the adhaan (or azaan - ezan as it is more commonly called).
Before offering the prayer one must be in good shape and pure condition. It is necessary to wash the parts of the body which are generally exposed to dirt or dust or smog. The following procedures must be fulfilled.
1. Declare the intention that the act is for the purpose of Worship and purity.
2. Wash the hands up to the wrists three times.
3. Rinse out the mouth with water three times preferably with a brush whenever it is possible.
4. Cleanse the nostrils of the nose by sniffing water in to them three times.
5. Wash the whole face three times with both hands if possible from the top of the forehead to the bottom of the chin and from ear to ear.
6. Wash the right arm three times up to the far end of the elbow and then do the same with the left arm.
7. Wipe the whole head or any part of it with a wet hand once.
8. Wipe the inner sides of the ears with the forefingers and their outer sides with the thumbs. This should be done with wet fingers.
9. Wipe around the neck with wet hands.
10. Wash the two feet up to the ankles three times beginning with the right foot.
At this stage the ablution is completed and the person who has performed it is ready to start his prayer. When the ablution is valid a person may keep it as long as he can and may use for as many prayers as he wishes.
Photo taken at the exterior wall of the new Mosque in Istanbul.
Model - NIKON D300
DateTime - 2010:10:11
ExposureTime - 1/160 seconds
FNumber - 6.30
ExposureProgram - Normal program
ISOSpeedRatings - 200
FocalLength - 135.00 mm
FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 202 mm
Image Quality - RAW
Direitos de Autor Reservados © : Proibida a reprodução por qualquer meio sem a prévia autorização por escrito do autor. Favor contactar Rui de S. Camposinhos.
Critiques | Translate
Morac (27419) 2010-10-25 1:15
Belle et simple scène que j'ai aussi eu l'occasion de voir lors de mon séjour à Istanbul.
sabermonajati (7569) 2010-10-25 11:36
amazing perspective and composition.
Bluejeans (64221) 2010-10-26 10:12
Oi Rui ,
Que costume bem diferente do nosso , bem limpo o lugar a primeira vista , é uma bela cena de vida diária , boa escolha pelo formato vertical , parabéns!!
Um abraço Gonçalo
danos (73926) 2010-10-26 13:24
nice the snapshot with the pilgrims to wash their feet before to enter in the Mosque.A good reportage shot from the daily life of these people.
rodgerg (55767) 2010-10-27 4:07
I know this place in the Eminomü district in istanbul.
Scene of religious life very well collected. The POv well selcetd give a very beautiful propsect effect to this interesting shot.
iainsp (2626) 2010-10-27 7:53
A great shot - i love the 'action pose' you have on the first man.
One thing I really like - i come from a western european heritage, and I am used to seeing photographs of Islamic workship from a slightly 'exotic' perspective: frequently the photos come from countries with a distinctively different dress code/ dress style to the one I am familiar with. Here, you have helped emphasise just how quotidian worship and religion really is - complete with jeans, t-shirts and baseball caps.
A wonderful, humanising shot, thank you, Iain
JCG (35129) 2010-10-27 9:12
A ceremonial very strict when your very interesting note is read… And when your photograph is seen, I notice that these pilgrims apply it also strictly !!! Good photograph on these ablutions, the point of view is quite selected to give a dynamic effect and graphic to the image with all these taps. Good and instructive photograph, thank you Rui.
With all my friendships and a very good evening,
josepmarin (55011) 2010-10-27 10:39
tomaste esta foto de las abluciones en el exterior de la Yeni Camii, una semana después que yo tomase también aquí alguna foto desde otro ángulo, que pronto presentaré.
Me gusta la espontaneidad de este acto de purificación, en una escena muy natural, cotidiana, y bien valorada en un buen encuadre.
La imagen tiene una alta calidad de color y una gran nitidez.
delpeoples (44900) 2010-11-01 3:11
Hi Rui, a fascinating Note, and interesting scene for the Daily Life of a Muslim man. This photo iswhat TE is all about, thanks for sharing it. Have a good day, Lisa
shevchenko (18243) 2011-01-18 22:51
Lively shot to show everyone here are performing their daily duties, I like these beautiful golden pipe, it is a clean corner too, tidy shot to show it all, distinct photo, well done.
- Copyright: Rui de Camposinhos (ruisc_pt) (10111)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-10-11
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Nikon D300, Sigma 18-200 F3.5-6.3 DC
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/160 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Western Turkey
- Date Submitted: 2010-10-25 1:02