Photo was taken at Ayvansaray.It is part of the district of Fatih and part of the walled city. It lies between the southern shore of the Golden Horn, the Blachernae section of the Walls, and the neighborhoods of Balat and Edirnekapı. It corresponds to the old quarter of Blachernae (Vlachèrnae in Greek). The name Ayvansaray ("High Palace") hearkens back to the Palace of Alexios I Komnenos (now disappeared), which was part of the complex of Blachernae.
Just a street capture.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Seyhan Ahen (Dreamtime) (349)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-18
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Nikon D3100, Tamron 17-50 MM
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-12-29 9:14