This little palace built of white marble is situated on the Asian side of Bosphorus not far from Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge. It is called Küçüksu Palace. It was built in neo-baroque style in 1857 by architect Nigoğayos Balyan for Sultan Abd-ul-Mejit I. The Ottoman Sultans came here for short time stays or hunting excursions. The returned to Istanbul every day, so there is no bedrum in the palace.
In the James Bond movie 'The World Is Not Enough' Küçüksu Kasrı was shown as the home of Elektra King in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Roland Parton (ahmet54) (3279)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-04-30
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon Powershot SX10 is
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-05-20 6:41