Mount Erciyes (Turkish: Erciyes Dağı; derived from the ancient Greek name Ἀργαῖος Argaeos; Latinized as Argaeus by the ancient Romans) is a massive stratovolcano located 25 km to the south of Kayseri in Turkey.
Erciyes is the highest mountain in central Anatolia, with its summit reaching 3,916 metres (12,848 ft). It is considered to be the highest peak of the Anti-Taurus mountain range, a northeastern extension of the Taurus Mountains to the south, and belongs to the Alpide belt in Eurasia.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: OSMAN SAHINOLANLAR (osmansah) (270)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-05-26
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Cannon 5D, 24-105mm F/4L IS USM
- Exposure: f/14.0, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-03-08 13:05