The ruins of Palmyra lie in the middle of the desert, close to a palm oasis.
This sunset shot is an HDR image made from 4 shot with different exposures.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
leo61 (0) 2011-01-24 10:31
Hi Guiseppe,my neghbour today!
I would not have noticed that this is a HDR.
Great shot of this archeological site,taken from a good high POV.Love the golden light at the ruins here and the pink/purple tones of the landscape and sky in the far distance.
krzbia (397) 2011-01-24 13:37
Wow, this is like out-of-our-world photo. The sunset colouring makes it even stranger with light coloured ruins and pink-violet sands. I like the pov and framing here, although the bottom seems to be slightly bend due to the lens distortion (am i right?).
annjackman (19231) 2011-01-24 23:22
An interesting picture photographed very well. The low light emphasises the ruins beautifully. Great depth to the desert landscape with excellent pink/blue tones.
- Copyright: Giuseppe Maria Galasso (gmg) (4202)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-09-10
- Categories: Castles, Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Sigma 70-300 f 4,5-5,6 DG, Secure Digital Card, Gradual ND8 P121 (Cokin)
- Exposure: f/16, 1/20 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Syria and Turkey
- Date Submitted: 2011-01-24 10:23