At the end of Al-Hamidiyya souq, Roman columns and arches introduce you to the majestic view of the Omayyades Mosque.
They are the remnants of a Roman temple. dedicated to Jupiter.
The square between the souq and the mosque is always crowded by worshippers and vendors.
Critiques | Translate
humayun (3105) 2011-01-19 19:05
real life capture........
nice pov and good compo..........
hispic (9652) 2011-01-19 19:29
Ciao caro Giuseppe,
An amazing capture of the lively square, it conveys very well that scene with a nice contrast and attractive color, i like this a little unrealistic light by a polarizing filter.
Have a nice day, Hisashi
brech (189) 2011-03-01 9:25
A fine daily life image with a interesting compostion that is full of details.
- Copyright: Giuseppe Maria Galasso (gmg) (4202)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-09-10
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Sigma 18-50m F/3.5-5.6 DC, Secure Digital Card, Polarizer
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Syria and Turkey
- Date Submitted: 2011-01-19 14:04